A young man decided to go to a lakeside where there were a lot of fish to catch.
As he got there he saw an old man on the other side, patiently waiting for a bite.
Scratching his head the man thought “There are plenty of fish on this side, why can’t he just catch one here and go?”
Moving along, as soon as he threw his bait in the lake, a fish did bite, and so did another and another.
He caught three fishes in his short time there. Happy with how much he caught, he packed up and decided to leave. He then glanced at the old man and laughed at him, with his catch to boast.
But as soon as he turned away, he heard the old man yelling with the utmost joy, looking back the young man was stunned to see the old man, catching the biggest fish in the lake.
“Why settle for less, when the grandest prize is just ahead?” An immortal question understood by those who know what it means to work hard for something you really want. Whether it be your dream job, or your ideal home, none of these will be achieved unless we strive to earn it.
The story reflects two sides of man: the young man, is compared to those seek or settle for the easy way out. While the old man, is seen as those who toil day in and day out, persevering to achieve the greater reward.
Both do not come out empty handed, but as anyone could see, this comparison is on an uneven scale. The young man left with three small fishes and a broken smile. While the old man left with the biggest catch and a smile up to his ears.
So in this lake that we call ‘Life’ how would you catch your fish?
- 10th Apple Effect
- A blank question paper
- Angel for someone
- As we think so we become
- Blind Horse
- Brave little tortoise Story
- Broken Vase
- Catching the Big Fish
- Choose your battles wisely
- Cow and Pig
- Do not judge a book by its cover
- Ducks Quack Eagles Soar !
- Effect of words
- Effort in Life
- Enjoy every moment
- Experience can make one wise
- Fly High but Stay Connected
- Forget Criticism , Judge yourself , You are the best Judge
- God’s Coffee
- Half Hearted Effort
- Happiness comes from within
- Happy Story
- Just Never give up !
- Let us be Happy
- Love, Unity, Care,Satisfaction is richer than any comfort money gives
- Lucky or Unlucky ?
- Need vs Greed
- Never Give Up !!
- One Plus One Plus One is equal to Four
- OPTIMISM Story
- Overcoming Difficulties
- Password can change your Life
- Picture of peace
- Positive Effect of Negatives
- Potatoes, Eggs, and Coffee Beans
- Recharge Yourself
- Secret of Success
- Secret of true happiness
- Self Confidence is all what you need
- Stay Happy – A rare conversation between Sri Krishna & Arjun
- Stop being a glass. Become a lake
- Story for growth
- Story of Faith
- Sweetness of Sour Oranges
- The anger is within
- The Crying lady
- The Eagle and The Chicken
- The Elephant belief
- The Great Battle
- The Journey
- The master and the tiger
- The Minister and the Dogs
- The missing Goat
- The Pregnant Dog and Elephant
- The Proud Rose
- The Tiger and the fox
- The Wow Approach
- There is Solution to Every Problem
- Triple Filter Test
- Two traveling angels
- Ubuntu Life – I am because We Are
- Un-complicate , Be Simple , Think Lateral
- Value of Life
- Who is packing your parachute?
- Who is poor, Who is rich?
- You are special – Don’t ever forget it!
- उसको तो फ़र्क पड़ता है – Hindi Short Story !