Best Password Manager Manages everything about your passwords .
Its a free software for Windows machine which is very user friendly , uses best of breed algorithms , saves , lists, generates all type of passwords and satisfy all your password needs .
The Day is not far when everything will be password less and applications and gadgets will use finger print , eye sensors , voice matcher and many such new advanced techniques to authenticate ownership . But I believe that Passwords will never die , all those technique will still keep a second security method as password in one way or another .
I myself use many accounts such as Facebook , Google , Yahoo, Rediff and so on which keeps me with like 100s of Usernames and Password to Remember .I obviously can't remember all those passwords and keeping Same password for all apps is really really unsafe as hackers are getting really really good and hence a strong password and an application which help managing those passwords is required . I searched over internet and i can see a lot of such Password Managers but there s an issue with each , some which are good are not paid , some which are free are really really awful . So here we are with an awesome free Password Manager with following awesome features
- Secure using Best of Breed Algorithms
- Easy to use GUI
- Save up to 1 million Accounts
- Create multiple accounts
- Totally Free for use
- Generate new Passwords
- Keep and retrieve historic passwords for accounts you save in Best Password Manager
- Sort the list of accounts using any column available
- Search the Account using Account Name , Account ID , UserName and Website URL
- Open Website directly from Password Manager just with a Click
- A Password with different length and complexity can be generated and set to your account easily using Best Password Manager . Length of generated passwords is from 4 to 20 characters , it can use special characters, numbers and a mix of small and capital characters and all this can be configured at run time .
Table of Contents
- Log in to Best Password Manager
- Creating a new user in Best Password Manager
- Understanding Dashboard of Best Password Manager
- Adding a new Account in Best Password Manager
- Understanding Dashboard of Best Password Manager with Many Accounts
- View Current Password , Historic Passwords and See other details of any account in Best Password Manager
- Generate New and Complex Password using Best Password Manager
- Download Best Password Manager
Log in to Best Password Manager
Once Download of your Best Password Manager is finish . Double Click on the downloaded BestPasswordManager.exe file and install it in your machine like you install any other Software . Once Best Password Manager is installed , you will be redirected to Register your product page at Versionpb.com . This is free registration of your copy of Best Password Manager . Just fill the form and click submit and you are done . Please enter correct email address so you can get the welcome note from VersionPB .
See the desktop of your machine where you installed Best Password Manager and you will see shortcut of Best Password Manager there . Double click on the shortcut and enter your login details to log in .
There are 2 ways to log in :
- Log in using the default username and password : UserName : admin , Password : versionpb . You can see this on the login window of Best Password Manager itself as shown in screenshot below
- Create a new user from the Login Screen itself and login using the newly created username and password . Once you are logged in you will see the Dashboard of your Best Password Manager as per the screenshot below
Creating a new user in Best Password Manager
To create a new user for Best Password Manager follow below steps
- Double Click on the Best Password Manager and you will see Login Screen
- Click on the link Create New User
- A new Window named Create New User will open up .
- Enter a username of your choice
- Enter a password of your choice which you can remember
- Click Create
- A New user is created , now you can login using this new Username
Understanding Dashboard of Best Password Manager
As we have seen screenshot of default Dashboard of Best Password Manager . Let me show the various areas which are helpful to understand as per the screenshot below :
- In this screenshot on the top right corner you will see your Welcome <UserName> where user name is the user with which you have logged on . Currently i am logged in with username versionPB so it says Welcome VersionPB !
- Just Below Welcome <UserName> there is a link Register for free ! In case you havent registered your product yet , you can click on this link anytime to register your product for free on Versionpb.com
- On the lest hand side there are 2 tabs List and Add . By Default Dashboard shows List Tab and it displays all the account names which you have added in Best Password Manager . As this is a newly created account this screen is empty as of now
- If you click on the Add , you will see some text boxes where you can add details about the accounts you want Best Password Manager to remember and after that account will be shown in the list Tab .
- In the bottom of the Best Password Manager , there is a status bar which currently says that "This is a list of your accounts . Click on Open Account Button to view , Edit Account Button to Edit , Open Website URL to Open URL in Web browser " This is a status bar of Best Password Manager and it guides you from time to time . In Case you add a new account and you are successful , it will update you accordingly and will turn Green in colour . In case of Failure it turns Red .
Adding a new Account in Best Password Manager
Follow Below Steps to Add a New account in Best Password Manager
- Login to Best Password Manager installed on your machine
- From the Dashboard screen Click on the Add Tab on the left sidebar and you will see a screen as in below screenshot
- Fill the details as below screenshot with your usernames and password
- Click on Save Button to Save account information
- A clear button is also provided , if you click this all the filled in information for this account will be cleared
- Once you click Save , data will be saved and you will see list tab with all the list of account including this newly added account . Also see the green coloured highlighted Status Bar saying " Data Saved Successfully "
- In this example , I have used Google1 and now Just google , that's because in case someone have many google accounts , you can save them with different names , this is just an account name which you can remember and you can change its name as per your convenience
Understanding Dashboard of Best Password Manager with Many Accounts
I have already explained Understanding dashboard of Best Password Manager but in that case there was no account added in the Best Password Manager . But in this section I will explain how to search an account when you have multiple account saved and so on .
- Login to Best Password Manager and lest say we have 6 accounts added in Best Password Manager for this example as per the screenshot below
- We can search any account using its Account ID, Account Name , Username and even using website URL . To search using Account ID , just enter the account ID in the filter by text box . For this example i am searching for Account ID 5 and see HDFC with Account ID 5 is seen on the screen
- lets search using username , in this example i have most of my usernames starting with my but only 1 username with versionpb , Lets enter my in username textbox and we will notice only usernames starting from my are on-screen
- Now i filtered username from my to myy and it will show usernames starting with myy i.e. myyahooaccount .
- We can sort the list with any of the fields . Just Click on the Heading and it will sort the list for you . For this example i have sorted it using Account Name
View Current Password , Historic Passwords and See other details of any account in Best Password Manager
- Login to your Best Password Manager account
- Search or identify any account which you want to view
- Click on Open Account Button
- Most of the information about this account are seen on this Page
- To view Current Password , click on View Current Password Button
- To view list of old passwords , click on view Old Passwords Button
- Click on Open Website URL to open this website in your default Web Browser
- To Edit this information Click on Edit Button , change any information you want to exit and Click update button to save changes
- To Edit Password Click on Edit Password Button and then the Password field will become editable , enter new password here and click update to Save . Doing this your old password will be automatically added to the historic password list
Generate New and Complex Password using Best Password Manager
- Login and Open any Account for which you want to Generate a password using Best Password Manger
- Click on Generate Password Button
- You will see a new window with the new password generation , by default it will create a password of length 7 characters , and will use atleast 1 special character , one number and use a mix of small and capital characters
- Click on Generate Password to generate new password
- You can click on Set this Password to set this password to your account .
- Click on Update to save the changes
- In case you want to generate easy password you can change values according to your needs in the Generate Password dialog box , see for example a new password of length 4 character with no special characters,numbers or mix of capital and smalls
- A Password with a length 4 to 20 can be generated using this functionality