Experience can make one wise
There was a guru, he had a disciple. The disciple had never seen a cow nor had he tasted the milk, he had read that the cow milk is very nutrient and was very curious to find a cow and taste its milk. He approached his guru and asked “Do you know anything about the cows?”
“Yes.” replies the Master.
“Then would you please explain what a cow looks like?” the disciple prayed.
The Guru explained: “A cow has four legs, It does not live in the forest. it’s a domestic animal, you can find one in the villages, It gives white milk which is good for health.” The Master gave him a lot more information on the features of a cow: the eyes, ears, legs, stomach, udder, horns.
The Student went to a village and there he saw a statue of the cow, someone was painting an adjacent compound wall with chalk had left a bucket full of lime water near the statue of the cow.
The student saw the cow and observed its features, he finally came to the conclusion that it must be the cow, he also saw a bucket with white liquid nearby. ‘This is definitely a cow, so this must be the milk’ thought the disciple and drank some of it. He soon started screaming with pain, he had to be hospitalized.
His Guru visited him in the hospital, “What happened?” the Guru asked.
“Master you don’t know anything about the cows or the milk, you are totally wrong.” the disciple answered.
“Tell me what happened.” The Guru sought an explanation. The student explained everything.
“Did you milk the cow yourself?” asked the Guru.
“That’s why you are in trouble. Until you rely on what others say you won’t get to the truth which will liberate you.” The Wise Guru replied.
One has to experience and not merely learn and follow others blindly. Experience is the best teacher for acquiring material as well as spiritual knowledge.
- 10th Apple Effect
- A blank question paper
- A King’s Painting
- Angel for someone
- As we think so we become
- Blind Horse
- Brave little tortoise Story
- Broken Vase
- Catching the Big Fish
- Choose your battles wisely
- Cow and Pig
- Do not judge a book by its cover
- Ducks Quack Eagles Soar !
- Effect of words
- Effort in Life
- Enjoy every moment
- Experience can make one wise
- Fly High but Stay Connected
- Forget Criticism , Judge yourself , You are the best Judge
- God’s Coffee
- Half Hearted Effort
- Happiness comes from within
- Happy Story
- Just Never give up !
- Let us be Happy
- Love, Unity, Care,Satisfaction is richer than any comfort money gives
- Lucky or Unlucky ?
- Need vs Greed
- Never Give Up !!
- One Plus One Plus One is equal to Four
- OPTIMISM Story
- Overcoming Difficulties
- Password can change your Life
- Picture of peace
- Positive Effect of Negatives
- Potatoes, Eggs, and Coffee Beans
- Recharge Yourself
- Secret of Success
- Secret of true happiness
- Self Confidence is all what you need
- Stay Happy – A rare conversation between Sri Krishna & Arjun
- Stop being a glass. Become a lake
- Story for growth
- Story of Faith
- Sweetness of Sour Oranges
- The anger is within
- The Crying lady
- The Eagle and The Chicken
- The Elephant belief
- The Great Battle
- The Journey
- The master and the tiger
- The Minister and the Dogs
- The missing Goat
- The Pregnant Dog and Elephant
- The Proud Rose
- The Tiger and the fox
- The Wow Approach
- There is Solution to Every Problem
- Triple Filter Test
- Two traveling angels
- Ubuntu Life – I am because We Are
- Un-complicate , Be Simple , Think Lateral
- Value of Life
- Who is packing your parachute?
- Who is poor, Who is rich?
- You are special – Don’t ever forget it!
- उसको तो फ़र्क पड़ता है – Hindi Short Story !