The Elephant and the blind Men
The Elephant and the blind Men
Once an elephant came to a small town. People had read and heard of elephants but no one in the town had ever seen one. Thus, a huge crowd gathered around the elephant, and it was an occasion for great fun, especially for the children. Five blind men also lived in that town, and consequently, they also heard about the elephant. They had never seen an elephant before, and were eager to find out about elephant.
Then, someone suggested that they could go and feel the elephant with their hands. They could then get an idea of what an elephant looked like. The five blind men went to the center of the town where all the people made room for them to touch the elephant.
Later on, they sat down and began to discuss their experiences. One blind man, who had touched the trunk of the elephant, said that the elephant must be like a thick tree branch. Another who touched the tail said the elephant probably looked like a snake or rope. The third man, who touched the leg, said the shape of the elephant must be like a pillar. The fourth man, who touched the ear, said that the elephant must be like a huge fan; while the fifth, who touched the side, said it must be like a wall.
They sat for hours and argued, each one was sure that his view was correct. Obviously, they were all correct from their own point of view, but no one was quite willing to listen to the others. Finally, they decided to go to the wise man of the village and ask him who was correct. The wise man said, “Each one of you is correct; and each one of you is wrong. Because each one of you had only touched a part of the elephant’s body. Thus you only have a partial view of the animal. If you put your partial views together, you will get an idea of what an elephant looks like.”
The lesson of the story is that each one of us sees things exclusively within one’s point of view. We should also try to understand other people’s points of view. This will enable us to get a proper perspective on different situations and events.
Moral : Try to understand other people's point of view , this gives proper perspective on different situations .
Moral : No matter how silly the query come in, try to understand the issue from other person’s point of view rather than jumping to conclusion from what we know or what we understood.
5th May 2019
#motivation #inspiration #shortstory #story #versionpb #mustread #elephant #blindmen
Now Read all motivational stories of versionPB via Short Motivational Stories app.
Get it from Google Play Store for free @
Short Motivational Stories App Version 1.1 is released on 14th Nov 2018
Motivational Stories can now be shared to Various Social media applications like :
5. Google Plus
and So on ...
You can even copy the link to clipboard from App
- 10th Apple Effect
- A blank question paper
- A King’s Painting
- Angel for someone
- As we think so we become
- Beautiful Interpretation
- Blind Horse
- Brave little tortoise Story
- Broken Vase
- Catching the Big Fish
- Choose your battles wisely
- Cow and Pig
- Do not judge a book by its cover
- Ducks Quack Eagles Soar !
- Effect of words
- Effort in Life
- Enjoy every moment
- Experience can make one wise
- Face what you must Face
- Fly High but Stay Connected
- Forget Criticism , Judge yourself , You are the best Judge
- God’s Coffee
- Half Hearted Effort
- Happiness comes from within
- Happy Story
- ice cream allergy
- Just Never give up !
- Let us be Happy
- Love, Unity, Care,Satisfaction is richer than any comfort money gives
- Lucky or Unlucky ?
- Need vs Greed
- Never Give Up !!
- One Plus One Plus One is equal to Four
- OPTIMISM Story
- Overcoming Difficulties
- Password can change your Life
- Picture of peace
- Positive Effect of Negatives
- Potatoes, Eggs, and Coffee Beans
- Recharge Yourself
- Secret of Success
- Secret of true happiness
- Self Confidence is all what you need
- Stay Happy – A rare conversation between Sri Krishna & Arjun
- Stop being a glass. Become a lake
- Story for growth
- Story of Faith
- Sweetness of Sour Oranges
- The anger is within
- The Crying lady
- The Eagle and The Chicken
- The Elephant and the blind Men
- The Elephant belief
- The Great Battle
- The Journey
- The master and the tiger
- The Minister and the Dogs
- The missing Goat
- The Pregnant Dog and Elephant
- The Proud Rose
- The Tiger and the fox
- The Wow Approach
- There is Solution to Every Problem
- Triple Filter Test
- Two traveling angels
- Ubuntu Life – I am because We Are
- Un-complicate , Be Simple , Think Lateral
- Value of Life
- Who is packing your parachute?
- Who is poor, Who is rich?
- You are special – Don’t ever forget it!
- उसको तो फ़र्क पड़ता है – Hindi Short Story !