Step by Step libGDX Tutorial
LibGDX is a Java based game library capable of targeting iOS, Android, Desktop ( Windows, Mac and Linux ) and HTML5 which means you code only once but can run and deploy it on iOS, Android, Desktop ( Windows, Mac and Linux ) and HTML5.
It provides a full suite of 2D game functionality including Input, Graphics, Fonts, Physics, Storage and increasingly, 3D. So basically LibGDX is pretty much a one stop game development library.
Recently I was looking for a game development framework using Java and after reading a lot of blogs and some research I came to a conclusion to learn libGDX .
To deploy and run a minimal hello world program to get some confidence on the tool and to understand how easy and good this framework is , I started reading tutorials from
http://www.gamefromscratch.com is really good but due to a lot of updates in libGDX and other tools my minimal sample application kept on failing and hence i moved to git hub wiki to learn more on how to deploy Demo run. I failed several times there as well , so thought of write this step by step procedure on libGDX . Again , big thanks to both http://www.gamefromscratch.com and https://github.com/libgdx/libgdx/wiki
Table of Contents
- Overview of libGDX
- Environment SetUp
- Creating Project in libGDX
- Importing Projects in Eclipse
- Executing demo project for Windows
- Executing demo project for Android
- Executing demo project for HTML5
- Developing a real flappy bird game remake game using libGDX from scratch
- Environment Set Up for Game
- Understand basics of Game
- Exploring States and Game State Manager
- Create Play State and Make Bird Fly
- Building Obstacles and flying through them
- Collision and sound effect
- Porting the Game in Android Device
- libGDX More possibilities to Brisky Demo