A complaint was received by the Customer care manager of Batra Motors:
"This is the second time I have written you, and I don't blame you for not answering me, but understand that it is critical issue for me. You see, every time I buy vanilla ice cream, when I start back from the store my car won't start. If I get any other kind of ice cream, the car starts just fine. I want you to know I'm serious about this question, no matter how silly it sounds: Can you please take my car for service to treat this ice cream allergy?
The Customer care manager was understandably skeptical about the letter, but sent an engineer to check it out anyway. The latter was surprised to be greeted by a successful, obviously well-educated man in a fine neighborhood. He had arranged to meet the man just after dinner time, so the two hopped into the car and drove to the ice cream store. It was vanilla ice cream that night and, sure enough, after they came back to the car, it wouldn't start.
The engineer returned for three more nights. The first night, the man got chocolate. The car started. The second night, he got strawberry. The car started. The third night he ordered vanilla. The car failed to start.
Now the engineer, being a logical man and always think out of box, refused to believe that this man's car was allergic to vanilla ice cream. He arranged, therefore, to continue his visits for as long as it took to solve the problem. And toward this end he began to take notes: he jotted down all sorts of data, time of day, type of gas used, time to drive back and forth, etc.
In a short time, he had a clue: the man took less time to buy vanilla than any other flavor. Why? The answer was in the layout of the store.
Vanilla, being the most popular flavor, was in a separate case at the front of the store for quick pick up. All the other flavors were kept in the back of the store at a different counter where it took considerably longer to find the flavor and get checked out.
Now the question for the engineer was why the car wouldn't start when it took less time. Once time became the problem -- not the vanilla ice cream -- the engineer quickly came up with the answer: vapor lock. It was happening every night, but the extra time taken to get the other flavors allowed the engine to cool down sufficiently to start. When the man got vanilla, the engine was still too hot for the vapor lock to dissipate.
Moral : No matter how silly the query come in, try to understand the issue from other person’s point of view rather than jumping to conclusion from what we know or what we understood.
16th March 2019
#motivation #inspiration #shortstory #story #versionpb #mustread #Ice-cream #allergy
Now Read all motivational stories of versionPB via Short Motivational Stories app.
Get it from Google Play Store for free @
Short Motivational Stories App Version 1.1 is released on 14th Nov 2018
Motivational Stories can now be shared to Various Social media applications like :
5. Google Plus
and So on ...
You can even copy the link to clipboard from App
- 10th Apple Effect
- A blank question paper
- A King’s Painting
- Angel for someone
- As we think so we become
- Beautiful Interpretation
- Blind Horse
- Brave little tortoise Story
- Broken Vase
- Catching the Big Fish
- Choose your battles wisely
- Cow and Pig
- Do not judge a book by its cover
- Ducks Quack Eagles Soar !
- Effect of words
- Effort in Life
- Enjoy every moment
- Experience can make one wise
- Face what you must Face
- Fly High but Stay Connected
- Forget Criticism , Judge yourself , You are the best Judge
- God’s Coffee
- Half Hearted Effort
- Happiness comes from within
- Happy Story
- ice cream allergy
- Just Never give up !
- Let us be Happy
- Love, Unity, Care,Satisfaction is richer than any comfort money gives
- Lucky or Unlucky ?
- Need vs Greed
- Never Give Up !!
- One Plus One Plus One is equal to Four
- OPTIMISM Story
- Overcoming Difficulties
- Password can change your Life
- Picture of peace
- Positive Effect of Negatives
- Potatoes, Eggs, and Coffee Beans
- Recharge Yourself
- Secret of Success
- Secret of true happiness
- Self Confidence is all what you need
- Stay Happy – A rare conversation between Sri Krishna & Arjun
- Stop being a glass. Become a lake
- Story for growth
- Story of Faith
- Sweetness of Sour Oranges
- The anger is within
- The Crying lady
- The Eagle and The Chicken
- The Elephant and the blind Men
- The Elephant belief
- The Great Battle
- The Journey
- The master and the tiger
- The Minister and the Dogs
- The missing Goat
- The Pregnant Dog and Elephant
- The Proud Rose
- The Tiger and the fox
- The Wow Approach
- There is Solution to Every Problem
- Triple Filter Test
- Two traveling angels
- Ubuntu Life – I am because We Are
- Un-complicate , Be Simple , Think Lateral
- Value of Life
- Who is packing your parachute?
- Who is poor, Who is rich?
- You are special – Don’t ever forget it!
- उसको तो फ़र्क पड़ता है – Hindi Short Story !