Face what you must Face
Face what you must Face
I am just reminded of a small story, an episode from Mahabharata – where Krishna & Balarama are going to the forest & by then the sun had already set and it was dark.
It was the time when we did not have forest resorts for people to stay. So it seems Krishna came up with a proposal to Balarama, I will go to sleep & you keep watching me. Whenever you feel sleepy, you wake me up & I'll keep watching & you can go to sleep. Krishna went to sleep, Balarama who kept moving to and fro, encountered a monster in the forest,& the monster screamed at the Balarama. Balarama who was shaken up by the monster shrank in size and the monster became bigger than Balarama. The monster screamed one more time, Balarama shrank even further and the monster became even bigger. One last attempt, the Monster screamed at Balarama, unable to take the might of the monster Balarama screamed “Krishna” & he fainted. Hearing the call "Krishna", Krishna woke up.
Though Balarama had fainted, Krishna miss took Balarama to be sleeping and started walking to and fro. So the monster which had seen now a new person standing there screamed at him one more time. Krishna instead of being perturbed, stared at the monster and asked: “What do you want?”
The Courage of Krishna made the Krishna expand and Monster Shrink. The monster once again screamed at Krishna, Krishna again asked the Monster “what do you want?”
The monster shrank even further. And Krishna expanded even more. One last attempt, Monster screamed at Krishna, and Krishna again asked the monster “what do you want?” And the monster shrunk in size.
The Epic goes, Krishna took the Monster and tied the knot at the end of his Dhoti and placed the Monster inside.
The Sun did rise and Balarama and Krishna began to walk. Balarama told Krishna – you don’t know what happened last night. “A monster came and it was threatening us so much.”
Krishna gently took the monster out of his Dhoti and showed it to Balarama and asked – “Are you talking about this?”
Immediately Balarama said but when I saw it, it was so big but now it has become so small.
And the Veda Vyasa through the voice of Krishna says – When you avoid what you must face in life, it becomes bigger than you and takes control over you. When you face what you must face, you become bigger than it and you take control over it.
The monster here is all the challenges we face in life. If you keep avoiding what you must face, these challenges become monstrous and take control over you. Instead of, face what you must face and you become larger than it and gain control over it.
Moral : Always remember, challenges are been given to you for a purpose - for you to become what you can become.
3rd Febuary 2019
#motivation #inspiration #shortstory #story #versionpb #mustread #words #face #challanges
Now Read all motivational stories of versionPB via Short Motivational Stories app.
Get it from Google Play Store for free @
Short Motivational Stories App Version 1.1 is released on 14th Nov 2018
Motivational Stories can now be shared to Various Social media applications like :
5. Google Plus
and So on ...
You can even copy the link to clipboard from App
- 10th Apple Effect
- A blank question paper
- A King’s Painting
- Angel for someone
- As we think so we become
- Beautiful Interpretation
- Blind Horse
- Brave little tortoise Story
- Broken Vase
- Catching the Big Fish
- Choose your battles wisely
- Cow and Pig
- Do not judge a book by its cover
- Ducks Quack Eagles Soar !
- Effect of words
- Effort in Life
- Enjoy every moment
- Experience can make one wise
- Face what you must Face
- Fly High but Stay Connected
- Forget Criticism , Judge yourself , You are the best Judge
- God’s Coffee
- Half Hearted Effort
- Happiness comes from within
- Happy Story
- ice cream allergy
- Just Never give up !
- Let us be Happy
- Love, Unity, Care,Satisfaction is richer than any comfort money gives
- Lucky or Unlucky ?
- Need vs Greed
- Never Give Up !!
- One Plus One Plus One is equal to Four
- OPTIMISM Story
- Overcoming Difficulties
- Password can change your Life
- Picture of peace
- Positive Effect of Negatives
- Potatoes, Eggs, and Coffee Beans
- Recharge Yourself
- Secret of Success
- Secret of true happiness
- Self Confidence is all what you need
- Stay Happy – A rare conversation between Sri Krishna & Arjun
- Stop being a glass. Become a lake
- Story for growth
- Story of Faith
- Sweetness of Sour Oranges
- The anger is within
- The Crying lady
- The Eagle and The Chicken
- The Elephant and the blind Men
- The Elephant belief
- The Great Battle
- The Journey
- The master and the tiger
- The Minister and the Dogs
- The missing Goat
- The Pregnant Dog and Elephant
- The Proud Rose
- The Tiger and the fox
- The Wow Approach
- There is Solution to Every Problem
- Triple Filter Test
- Two traveling angels
- Ubuntu Life – I am because We Are
- Un-complicate , Be Simple , Think Lateral
- Value of Life
- Who is packing your parachute?
- Who is poor, Who is rich?
- You Are In Your Time Zone
- You are special – Don’t ever forget it!
- उसको तो फ़र्क पड़ता है – Hindi Short Story !