BODMAS Calculator for Android
BODMAS Calculator for Android is a Calculator which calculates mathematical operations following BODMAS Rule .
What is BODMAS ?
BODMAS Stands for :
B stands for Brackets
O stands for Order
D stands for Division
M stands for Multiplication
A stands for Addition
S stands for Subtraction
So if we have to calculate 3 + 2 x 5 . We could either do a 3+2 first and then 5 x 5 or we could either do a 2×5 first and then 3 + 10 . How do we know what to follow ?
This is exactly where BODMAS came to picture . It simply means follow BODMAS when doing such calculations .
Following the principle of BODMAS output should be 13 i.e. we first multiple 2 with 5 i.e. 10 and then we add 3 in it so output is 13 . We will see below when we will showcase difference of BODMAS Calculator with Android default calculator that Android default calculator gives output of 25 . The reason is that default calculator which comes with android only calculates 2 values at a time and not the full expression . BODMAS Calculator always calculates Expression until a = is pressed . It doesnt mean you cant calculate 2 values . You can and that’s why BODMAS Calculator is better than default android calculator .
We at VersionPB Already have BODMAS Calculator for Windows since 2013 , but no such tool was available for android devices so BODMAS Calculator for Android devices is developed and is published at google play store free for download and use .
Difference of outputs of Default Calculator which comes with most android phones with VersionPB BODMAS Calculator for android
1 : We will multiply 10,000,000,000 x 9,999,999,999
Below is the output from Android Default Calculator on left and VersionPB BODMAS Calculator for Android on the right
See the differences :
- Left Side Default Calculator which comes with android outputs contains E while BODMAS Calculator results in full value
- The Display of Default Android Calculator doesn’t show the full input while BODMAS Calculator on the right shows full input .
2 : Calculation of 3 + 2 * 5 .
Following the principle of BODMAS output should be 13 i.e. we first multiple 2 with 5 i.e. 10 and then we add 3 in it so output is 13 . We will see below that Android default calculator gives output of 25 . The reason is that default calculor which comes with android only calculates 2 values at a time and not the full expression . BODMAS Calculator hence can also be said as Expression Calculator .
3. 123456789 x 987654321 + 123456789 + 789456123 +789456123
Result : Default Calculator doesn’t show full Expression BODMAS Calculator shows full expression
Default Calculator output contains E and we dont understand full result , however BODMAS Calculator gives correct output in Human Readable form .
- Left Side Default Calculator doesn’t show full Expression BODMAS Calculator on the right side shows full expression
- Default Calculator output contains E and we dont understand full result , however BODMAS Calculator gives correct output in Human Readable form .
Features of VersionPB BODMAS Calculator for Android
- Calculates Values following BODMAS Rules of mathematics
- Supports Expression Calculations
- Precision of 4 digits is supported after decimal
- Big Number Calculations is supported and output is always in human readable value ad not with Exponential values like in other typical calculators .
Use Cases Covered by VersionPB BODMAS Calculator for Android
BODMAS Calculator Android Use Cases
Operations on 2 numbers
3 + 2
3 * 7
99 / 11
Addition with brackets
(78 + 6 )
Operations on 3 numbers
Combination of Addition and Subtraction
3 + 5 – 10
Combination of Addition with Multiplication
3 + 2 * 5
Combination of multiplication with division
8 * 7 / 2
Brackets in Starting
(7 + 3 )
( 8 * 3 ) + 2
Brackets after first number
2 + ( 8 * 3 )
More than 3 numbers
2 + 3 * 4 + (2 + 1)
If we calculate it step by step its value should be
= 2 + 12 + (3 )
= 14 + 3
Cool isnt it .
Version History of VersionPB BODMAS Calculator for android
Bodmas Calculator Version 1.0 was released on 26th April 2018 with following features
- Supports Addition ,Subtraction , Multiplication and Division
- All Output s are non Exponential forms i.e. in some calculators when we multiply really large numbers output is something like 1.1e2 but BODMAS Calculator will always give correct numeric outputs even for big numeric values
- Does Calculations using BODMAS Rule . i.e. 3 + 2 * 5 is 13 and not 25
- Precision is supported for 4 digits after decimal
- Available only in Portrait Mode in current version .
Version 1.2 was Release on 16th June 2018 with following enhancements:
- Backspace button implemented as DEL so we have “34 + 4” and we press DEL expression becomes “34
- Brackets implemented .Calculate expressions with brackets example (34 +2 ) – 1
- Improved Look and Feel