Developing a real flappy bird game remake game using libGDX from scratch
So in previous sections of this tutorial we have seen how to setup environment for creating your apps using libGDX , creating a demo app using the same and executing the demo project which comes with libGDX in Desktop machine , Android Phone , Android virtual Device and in Web i.e. HTML5 . Whats Next ?
I feel to learn anything its always best to start with something exciting , that excitement gives us motivation and enthusiasm and we learn while having fun . So from this section we will start developing the remake of the famous bird game Flappy bird . To know what is this game and to know how to play it , I have made it available for free download on Android devices and even on your desktop machines .
Go ahead and download both the releases to fisrt understand what is this game all about and get some excitement and motivation so make this game via libGDX in next tutorials . See below links for download of the game Brisky Bird
To download the game on your android devices you can search for game Brisky Bird or VersionPB from Google Play Store .
With this our section on Developing a real flappy bird game remake game using libGDX from scratch ends , make sure you understand how game works so from next section we can move ahead
Table of Contents
- Overview of libGDX
- Environment SetUp
- Creating Project in libGDX
- Importing Projects in Eclipse
- Executing demo project for Windows
- Executing demo project for Android
- Executing demo project for HTML5
- Developing a real flappy bird game remake game using libGDX from scratch
- Environment Set Up for Game
- Understand basics of Game
- Exploring States and Game State Manager
- Create Play State and Make Bird Fly
- Building Obstacles and flying through them
- Collision and sound effect
- Porting the Game in Android Device
- libGDX More possibilities to Brisky Demo